The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1962 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was powerful. I wanted to slug the boys myself. Loved the ending.
07/28/06
Very good work. I particularly liked the ending. Good job.
07/28/06
Tears here. Why are some boys like that? Great piece, thanks.
07/28/06
A very true to life story that was both sad and touching. Well told.
07/29/06
It seems that instead of walking humbly, Milt should have been walking boldly and proudly; you did a great job of explaining his brave act to these bullies; and also of putting the story into words that touched my heart. Great story, very well written, and I wish there were more "Mr. Sands" to run interference for all the victims of bullies in this world. Good Job.
08/01/06
Excellent! I like that you dropped hints early on that the two men had previous history...and then gave us the "gulp" at the end.
08/01/06
The characters shine, the dialogue superb. You propelled me right into the midst of the action and held me captive right to the end! Mastercrafting at its finest!
08/01/06
So very compelling. You did a fabulous job of showing us those characters, and your ending was just right.
08/02/06
Wonderful writing! I could actually feel the experience. Thanks for sharing Milt with us!
I finished reading this with such a lump in my throat! Just so well written with a wonderful underlying message...
This is excellent! I wouldn't be surprised if this places.
Great job! Well done!