Previous Challenge Entry (Level 4 – Masters)
Topic: EERIE (07/28/16)
- TITLE: God Bless America, Please
By M. C. Syben
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
The imposing presidential election of November 2016 becomes more frightening every day. In fact, the hairs on my neck stand up at the thought of it. I wonder if anyone sees what I’m seeing, or if I am delusional, which is an unnerving enough prospect.
I believe a bamboozle of the grandest scale is being perpetrated upon the American people. It seems four voting options exist: Clinton, Trump, Third Party, or Abstaining. In reality, we have no choice. You see, we’ve been manipulated, and the devious plan ends with Hillary winning.
For Democracy’s sake, I pray I am wrong. But, this is what I construe is happening beneath the façade of this free election.
Let’s look at our so-called viable selection from a Christian perspective:
1) Donald Trump claims he was raised Presbyterian, but he has only been just “led to the Lord.” Hmm. It is wonderful he is against abortion, but shouldn’t his Christian conscience, restrain him from claiming bankruptcies that destroy the lives and businesses of others? Bankruptcy is as legal as three marriages. But is it ethical and moral?
The Don also promises to bring more jobs to America, yet recently, he filed to allow immigrants to come and work on a construction job in West Palm Beach declaring he can’t find American workers. Well, maybe he can’t at the low fees he pays. But, it’s a clear indication that Donald says one thing and does another even while scrutinized for the Presidency. Why?
My personal belief is that Donald does not want to win—never did. He wants Hillary in office. Why would someone act like a complete fool and say every wrong thing at every impasse. For instance, he announces he is so angry that he wants to “hit” someone over and over (i.e. he can’t control his finger on the nuclear button), he mocks disabled people, (that’s just downright stupid), picks on fallen war heroes (he has never served, neither has his sons, who also shoot exotic animals for fun), and there is more to come I’m sure.
When his wife, Melania, has a chance to show the ‘better half,’ she plagiarizes Michelle Obama’s speech (The Democratic First Lady) She didn’t even bother to steal a Republican First Lady’s speech.
2) Hillary Clinton is a Methodist, an understated middle-of-the-road Christian Church with many outreaches—quietly doing good. Do they agree with late term abortion when fetuses are viable and feel pain outside the womb? Hillary, is a mother, a grandmother of two. How can her Christian conscience allow her to sleep with that legislation?
Let’s move on, the Iranian Deal. Really? We’ve resumed giving money to people that loathe the USA, advocate terrorism, and want to destroy Israel. Jesus was Jewish. Does nothing tug at her Christian heart or spiritual conscience? Does she truly have one?
3) I could vote for a third party. But I understand that is really a vote for either Trump or Clinton; third parties never win. Which makes me shudder more: President Trump or President Clinton?
4) I could abstain, sit home grumpy, feeling manipulated, but then again, the vote would go to Trump or Clinton. Do I want to take the chance it would go to Trump? I’m not a fan or either candidate.
What’s worse: A buffoon candidate, media savvy and showman enough, to become Republican nominee turned a Republican-Party Benedict Arnold, unqualified to hold the highest office, and who doesn’t want to win really (but might in spite of himself)?
Or a historical-making, woman candidate, who at least has plenty of experience although she is ethically ambiguous and at times, downright in-apt? She does come with Bill and that means more experience. (and in-aptness)
Scary times. It’s as though an eerie cloud hangs over America. Damned if we do. More damned if we don’t. I wonder how God will answer prayers about this situation? Or is this His answer, His retribution—or a mere result of voter complacency? Has the time come when the rest of the world pounces? Forgive me. I sound like Donald, all gloom and doom.
Instead of turning to Hillary’s voice of hope, as I think Donald has planned, perhaps as a Christian, I should burrow into scripture while the rest of the country drinks the proverbial Kool-Aid of both parties. Sure, I’ll vote. But I will declare my faith in the President above first and always. I’m starting to feel better already. Whatever happens, God Bless America, please.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Accept Jesus as Your Lord and Savior Right Now - CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.