The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 785 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/12/16
Such a compelling story. Non-fiction? I expected to find the name Babe Ruth at the end; I think he had lived in an orphanage...

Wing His Words
05/13/16
I lived baseball as a kid so you hooked me with this story immediately. I loved the way you put me in the heart of this young boy right away. The drama increased as we read that he was an orphan which really added intensity to the story. Nice job!
05/15/16
Very believable and shows the compassion of a son for his mother. A good ending as well. Leaving us with the question--will the millionaire give him the money he so desperately needs.
I enjoyed this warm story, with its open, hopeful ending. The only detail that snagged me was no indication that Michael had boarded a bus or subway, so Jack just seemed to appear out of nowhere. Perhaps a casualty of the word limit?
Nice work overall.
05/17/16
Well done, suspenseful story. I also wondered where I missed him getting on the bus.
05/19/16
Congratulations! I wish we could celebrate over a cuppa steaming tea!

Wing His Words
05/19/16
This story was a hit. I was engaged til the end. I believe in my heart that Jack Warner will come through at the end.

Congratulations on your EC Award.
05/19/16
Congratulations, C D, on your well deserved EC award. It was heartwarming to see a son so intent on taking care of his mom. You really hit this story out of the park and into our hearts.
05/19/16
Congratulations for your HC/EC on such an absorbing story. I also loved the open-ended end (No, I'm not stuttering.)
Awesome, Camile! Congratulations!
05/19/16
I come from a baseball family, so your story really hit home.:) I loved the ending too. Gave me goose bumps. Congratulations on your highly commended and editors choice awards. Very well done.
05/20/16
Congratulations, Camile, on your EC for this lovely story. I wondered if it was a true story, and kind of hoped it was, and that Jack the millionaire chose to be generous. Maybe there will be a Part 2!
Congratulations CD! Great story...especially the ending. It made me want to read more which in my book, that's important.
God Bless
05/23/16
Congratulations on 4th Place EC :)
05/23/16
Congratulations on 4th Place EC :)
05/23/16
I enjoyed this heartwarming story. Great job creating suspense and a connection with your characters. Congratulations on your EC!
06/10/16
Great story and tug on my heartstrings. Your ending was priceless.