The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 791 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/20/16
This was an enduring story. The children will lead them. I am glad Sox made it home.
02/22/16
Following the mom's train of thought through the story was effective especially considering the subject of the piece. I could feel her frustration and repressed pain. The ending surprised me as I was positive the cat was going to pop out the trunk or a box that had been packed.
(BTW, I hope your cat has returned.)
02/22/16
Great job on a well written story. You engage the reader from the first few lines. I love how God answered the little girl's prayer, and how there is hope for her Mum. May your cat return, too!
02/23/16
Engaging and uplifting story to read. I like happy endings.
02/23/16
You have a way of drawing the reader in from the first paragraph and keeping their interest right through. I've learned a lot from reading your past entries, and this one, though a last minute job is brill! Keep 'em rolling.
This is a lovely story. You do a nice job with the dialog. Although I could see the ending coming, I was still hoping that the cat would show up.
02/24/16
You are a commander of words and what you do with them is entrancing! Wow! The emotion was palpable, but even the little things were done masterfully. For instance the line "I pillow my head on both arms…" I pool my head on both arms…" brilliant! I'm a big fan and have been for a while :-)
02/24/16
Please Excuse the weird typo above :-)
Praying for your kitten. This was a wondrously moving and stunning read - indicative of the pain and loss of a beloved pet.
02/25/16
Prayerfully your 'socks' turned up and hopefully your story helped bolster your hope that your kitty was/is watched over!
02/25/16
Sigh. I'm so happy Socks found you. Heart-warming story. Congratulations!
02/25/16
Congratulations, Rachel, on this touching entry. God bless.
02/25/16
Congratulations Rachel!
02/25/16
Congratulations Rachel!
02/25/16
Ooops!!!
02/25/16
Congratulations, Rachel, on your 5th place EC award. Great storytelling. I'm so glad Socks was reunited at the end.
Congratulations on another story that was so artistic and an EC. I love the way you describe sadness in your stories and tell things as they are- but better.