The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 966 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/11/15
Oh yes, we sure do live in a different world and mindset than our grandchildren. Great way to use the topic! I enjoyed this well written, entertaining read!
Definitely a fun and creative read.
12/13/15
So true! This story will resonate with every reader, young and old!

God bless~
12/17/15
Congratulations on your first place EC, Gerald. A very creative take on the topic steam. I liked the dialogue between grandpa and grandson.
Congratulations, Gerald!
12/17/15
Congratulations. I never heard of that Steam until I Googled the topic. Glad to see it was used, used very well, and won!

Claire
12/18/15
Congratulations Gerald on your first place win. I must be old fashioned because I thought of steam coming out the grandpa's ears from frustration. I never heard of steam but I will goggle it.
Congratulations on your win with this excellent story!
12/29/15
With 4 adult sons, their assorted spouses, friends and our growing grandchildren, I can say that your creative take on our times is one of my absolute Challenge favorites!

On any given summer weekend, grunts as well as under the lash askance looks abound...

I'll have to add we had a splendid, device free and conversation rich Christmas dinner with several older friends. What a blessed treat that was. Three and a half delightful hours of lively interchange. Our kids and grandkids simply don't know what they're missing.

Thank you for your superb entry and a well deserved 1st place ribbon!