The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 883 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This requires a second reading to understand all the nuances between nothing and something. I really enjoyed the way you used word on word to evoke thoughts in the reader's mind. My favorite line referred to the dirt we're made of.
I too had to read this more than once and grapple with its meaning. There is a lot of depth here to search out. Very descriptive writing.
Thanks for your comments ! I welcome them and though poems are supposed to leave some pondering, I do like to have my readers at least connect in some way. So, I will take the comments about having to read it over in mind because. I don't want to be so abscure that reading isn't enjoyable. So thanks for letting me know. I appreciate that.
04/12/15
Thank you for this complex poem. Like others, I had to read it over again to understand the 'nothings' and 'somethings'. Very thought provoking.
04/14/15
Excellent introspective poetry with a range of emotional passages.

Well done.

God bless~
04/16/15
Lots of thoughts to digest in this interesting poem. It is worth the second read--and that's a compliment to you. I expect this to be on the EC list.
04/16/15
Congrats.
God bless~
Even though I didn't understand everything on my first read, I felt it in my gut - something has me near tears and I don't know why. I know there is a lot more here than I'm seeing because it WORKS. I hope I made sense!
~Cat~
Leigh, I just read your comment about reading more than once. That means a poem is an EXCELLENT work in my lay opinion. I get enough to make me know I want to read deeper. ~Cat~
04/18/15
Congrats, Leigh, on your EC placing for this poem. Great writing!