The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 645 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/14
Interesting story with a powerful message.

God bless~
Interesting well written dialogue about a very common problem--trash! Good job.
04/26/14
I like the message in this very well written story. How many of us, like Duncan, see the problem but decide there's nothing we can do about it. Great job!
04/26/14
I am curious...who was the boy picking through the trash with the old man? I assumed it was his son, but then you say that his wife left him and took their son. Maybe I missed something, but that question hung me up.

But the information you passed along through the dialogue was riveting and you did an excellent job of creating realistic conversation to do it without getting too preachy. I love the subtle commentary on Duncan's colleague's skinny latte. :)

Good job!
04/27/14
This was certainly thought provoking as the dialog shares info on a very real world problem--hunger and waste. The "Duncans" of the world with all their complaining don't solve anything. It takes solutions to make problems go away. Hopefully this entry will help change wasteful habits and bring to mind that we need to support local food pantries. Thanks.
Congratulations for ranking 19 overall! Happy Dance!