The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 943 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh how true! The clutter war is a very real battle around my house too. I liked the way the actions of the characters showed their personalities. You didn't have to tell us that Tom was a neat freak and the MC was a "saver/stasher". You didn't have to tell us Adam was a little boy who loved to play or that the girl was probably a teen. Well written. I did have a little trouble actually visualizing what the MC did to the bed--probably due more to my lack of visulization than your writing.
01/11/13
I love this! What a touch of comedic timing you have. The pace is great and the image of Tom trying to sleep on his side of the bed without falling off is hilarious - because you just know he's bull-headed enough to try it before finally giving in and fixing that breakfast bar.

Great job!
01/11/13
This story made me laugh. I am the clutter bug, and the husband in the story would have divorced me by now.
01/12/13
A great story! I hope it's not true!! It's well written and dramatic. And, yes, flat surfaces at my home collect things all the time!
01/14/13
Humor is difficult to write, but you do it with expertise. I loved the story and the wit, although I couldn't help feeling a little sad at Tom's obsession with perfection. LoL

Nicely done!
01/16/13
You have a knack of entertaining the audience with words that touch the reader on so many levels.

Fantastic writing and wonderful way of presenting the topic.

God bless~