The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1701 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/12/12
I love how you have sat us down in the classroom with you, using such warm word pictures. "Certified" does carry connotations of serious mental illness, but you stepped away from that one. Love to know what was in the letter...
Excellent story. Well written.

The last paragraph needed more work. But overall I found the article left me wanting more.

This is a winner!
10/13/12
Great story, so well written and held my attention all the way through. I was hoping the contents of the letter would have been exposed somewhere in the entry. I loved "he didn't even smile on the first day when teachers are still happy." I laughed at that great line!

Nicely done. Thanks.

God bless~
A "funny" story --well done.
This is a delight to read. The MC's subtle sense of humor was a brilliant bit of writing. I also liked how at the end you shared such a personal message and the transition was so smooth. Though probably like the MC, I too want to know what was in that letter! No I didn't miss the message, I'm just really curious! :)
Loved the theme of this article and the way you presented it. Very deserving win, especially for its thought provoking subject. Congratulations!
10/18/12
Your story made me laugh...and laugh...and laugh again! I loved the humorous observations of the student, and Mr. Wapstein was so well-characterized! Great job with this piece! It deserves its first place slot this week! Congratulations!!
10/18/12
Awesome! An easy read and very Funny!
10/18/12
Superb! Absolutely loved it but how I wish I knew what was in that letter. That's what made it a great piece of writing. Congratulations!
10/18/12
Great humor & characterization & certainly peaked my curiosity! Congratulations on your win!
10/18/12
A very well-deserved win. Congratulations.
10/19/12
Great job, Lori! Well done.
10/19/12
Congrats on your winning 'funny' entry. Now there is a larger world of folks with the longing to know what made Mr. Wapstein smile....
10/19/12
Congrats and God Bless~
This is perfect. Congratulations on first place!
Just opened this treasure. I love it. WHAT WAS IN THAT LETTER? Oops, sorry. It slipped out.

Congratulations!