The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1847 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Simply beautiful--may favorite line: the mellow peace of coming home.
05/10/12
This is great (and I'm not a big poetry fan)! Thoroughly enjoyed your poem, especially the last line, "waiting for good-bye." Wonderful writing!
makes me almost want to get a dog ... almost...
05/12/12
Being an avid animal lover, I truly enjoyed this clever poem. It made me smile, and the last part...waiting to say "goodbye" made my eyes glisten. That is the worst part...saying goodbye.

Excellent job. God bless~
05/12/12
A lovely poem. Your descriptive wording is beautiful. Well done!
05/13/12
Beautiful and descriptive. Great word choices and the flow was beautiful. Loved it.
05/15/12
"They simply sigh..."

Beautiful. I've got too much to learn about this sort of poetry to offer an honest critique. And to be honest, I normally find this sort of verse very hard to read; but this was easy and flowed really well. So I'm presuming it is well constructed and follows whatever the rules are.

Great job and thanks for throwing the brick; I might of missed it otherwise.
05/16/12
rest their weary heads on cordroy knees of old men...I can see that so vividly...you painted a beautiful picture through every line....loved it!
Ahh this really touched my heart. I love how fresh and clever it is. You described the topic masterfully!
05/17/12
Congratulations on the 1st place finish for both your level and the EC!
I love this! Congratulations, Jim!
05/17/12
Awesome! This was a clever take on "weary."

Congrats on your big win!
05/17/12
This piece is beautiful. Lovely words woven into the perfect offering for this topic. Wonderful job! And congratulations on your 1st place win!
05/17/12
Congratulations. God bless~
05/17/12
Congratulations!
Congrats on your win! This is an extraordinary piece and so well done.
Jim - another great poem and a well deserved win. Congratulations! This is one of your best.
I wanted to wrap myself up in this poem like a warm blanket. There is a nostalgia to it, a comfort. Quite lovely!
Love it. I feel like curling up with this poem, laying my head on a worn corduroy knee, and resting. Congratulations, Jim - well deserved win on this one. Sigh.
Awww, lovely!
Wow, that is so good, I loved reading it.