The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1306 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Awww, cute. The "we'll talk about this later" made me laugh out loud.
05/03/12
This little guy was adorable and in many ways wise beyond his years, definitely "faith of a little child". His little train-of-thought-reasoning left me smiling.
05/04/12
Awwww....I just want to squish this little guy! I love how you inserted the Gospel into his prayer.
05/05/12
So adorable. I love stories about children and animals. So pure, so unconditional and so touching. This made my heart smile. Thank you.

God bless~
05/06/12
You used great details to make the reader love your characters--like when Eli squeezes his mom's cheeks while she talks with his pudgy hands. I could see this sweet conversation. Excellent writing.
05/06/12
Yep, he was a bright little three year old. Lovely little chappy and lots have come to Christ in their childhood. Thanks for an amusing and enjoyable story.
05/06/12
Oh, this precious story brought tears to my eyes. The dialog was wonderful!

PS..I laughed at the runny snooty nose. Loved it!

Great job!!



05/07/12
A precious story that really touched me; let me tell you how.

It reminded me of how simple our faith needs to be sometimes and how complicated we can make it. And I needed this reminder right now.

I loved the dialog and felt you did the young fella to perfection.
05/07/12
I'm smiling. :)There's so much I "see" in this story...

Yup...all I can do is smile. :)
05/07/12
How skillfully you stretched this little guy's heartstrings to grab ours and hang on! Beautifully done.
I had this long comment about how wonderful your story was when the site went down. I am glad I get to read it again. The bond between mother and child is so beautiful. I felt I was right there. When I first read about the snot dripping down and wiping it on his mom's sleeve I knew I would love this story and you didn't disappoint. The dialog felt so real and natural.One of my favorites this week.