The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1112 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/29/11
Nice story. On a personal level, I could relate. I have a 14 yr old sp. needs son that, in many ways, has to be cared for as if he were a much younger child. Having him, has, no doubt, changed the dynamics of our family, as well. Many times I've wondered if my other 3 sons are a bit neglected because they are mentally and physically ok and we have to direct so much attention to our 2nd son. Ah, well - what do you do?

I enjoyed this - good writing. I thought your interactions between the brothers was very realistic.
04/29/11
I love the physical connection between the son and mother. I'm sure after taking care of one twin, it feels good to be held by the other.

The love of a mother...and a brother. Very well portrayed. Good job! (I avoided the word of the day)
05/03/11
You wove the theme completely through this! I enjoyed the dialog, and even laughed a few times. I remember the years of school papers on the refrigerator. :) You warmed my heart!
What a touching story! I especially like the understanding that the mother showed, even when her heart must have been breaking, and the way her son responded in kind.
05/05/11
Nicely written! The story shows the contrast and the bitter sweet very well within the conflicting meanings of the word 'outstanding' in stating "I just want to focus on the outstanding’s right now, okay?”
You did a great job with this story--realistic, tender,excellent characterization, and with an excellent message.