The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1243 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really like the title for the topic and also all of the 3-line stanzas. It is crazy to think of all the ways you can consume your time and yet all the limitations and things we can't do with time. Thought-provoking. Thanks!
03/06/11
Excellent! Very thought-provoking and so well structured. Great work!
Love the word, ephemeral, used it once myself. Great job. I liked the pacings, the CLEAR message (something I struggle with), and enjoyed reading a great poem.
03/07/11
Well written and thought provoking poem. Your rhythm and rhyme were excellent.
03/08/11
I especially like the seven sentences beginning with 'To' after the colon. Consuming time with dignity, family, harmony, patiently, responsibly and eternally the best we can be is certainly the way to go for us to spend our time wisely.
03/09/11
Clever use of structure to serve your point instead of taking over from it. Very well done.
Ever the teacher, Verna. I can just see the next to the last stanza done in a cross stitch or needle point. What makes you a poet is that your able to distill things down to their purest form. That, is time well spent.
Congratulations for placing in the top 12 of your level and the top 30 overall!