The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4985 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like the parallels in the two parts of this poem. The first half made me smile, and the second half made me go "ahhh". Then I read it all over again. I really enjoyed this!
You have an amazing talent. Well done!
I enjoyed this. Loved the switch from the kid with the skateboard to the kid with the stones. Also, the contrast between deception and truth. Good job.
11/08/10
Blue ribbon writing. I enjoyed this piece as it clearly defines the difference between empty promises and the real deal.
11/10/10
I like the way you compared these two incidences. Really great. I always respect those who can do poetry so well.
11/10/10
Truth wrapped in free verse - one of my favorite forms of creative expression.
Loved it!
Congratulations on your first place EC!
Congratulations, Melanie. I loved it. Great message with a super road that lead there.
Congratulations on EC for this really creative poem with a wonderful message.
11/11/10
WOW! I love the meter and the message, and the skill that brought it all about! Wonderful!

Congratulations on your 1st place and EC!
11/11/10
Transformational! Congratulations on your awesome piece!
11/11/10
Your poem is lovely and powerful. Congratulations on 1st place, Melanie!
11/11/10
Congratulations on your well-deserved recognition. Beautifully written with a message of hope. Well done.
11/15/10
Congratulations, Melanie! I enjoyed your well-written parallel approach. :0)
01/07/11
I really enjoyed the rhythm and message of the poem. Congratulations!
07/01/11
Melanie, congratulations for your placing in Best of the Best with this wonderfully creative poem!
I love this. Missed it the first time round but its great to read it now. Many congratulations on your B of the B placing - well deserved.
07/04/11
Congrats on being in the BOB winners!

07/08/11
Just awesome, Mel! No wonder you're a BoB placer. Super job - congrats, my friend!
How interesting!

Congratulations Winners.
Good Job.
Jim's poem reminds me of ee cummings. He always amused me by his writings.
Eliz has a nice narrative poem - a beautiful story poem. I saw people gathering berries along the walking track at the Civic Center as I was walking. Strange how folk are the same from the eons.

and Melanie has splendidly used the short free verse.
07/29/11
Congratulations on becoming an overall winner.
God does have a wonderful transforming touch.

I loved this poem from the first time I read it!
I'm not really good at this but here goes. Good message. There isn't any substitute for Jesus and His cleansing blood. I know it changed me.
I did not understand the phrase: Mind the dog and the kid with the stones. Nice piece. I'm looking forward to reading more. Thanks
From fairy tale princes to the real prince of peace. The Lord really knew what we needed, didn't He? I think you did such a "wonder" filled job showing the vulnerable part of a heart searching for that miracle.
Wow! Praise to Jesus!
Congratulations on 1st place in Masters. Please, please, please get that book published if yoy ahven't already done so!
e-mail [email protected] if you would like to catch up any time.