The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1240 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/06/10
Oh, my! I was chuckling throughout this clever endeavor at your veritable feast of descriptive phrases, and then, you turned it around in a very neat and tidy spin, bringing a strong image of the worst odor of all-- sin I too love the way the Message says it.

Good writing--- I 'smell' a winner!
08/06/10
Great title. The funny story was made even better with the devotional ending. Excellent.
God bless you, Ruth
This is a great story. I saw a TV show the other day where the mom got chickens because they were easy to care for plus gave eggs. I laughed and thought she's never had to clean a chicken coop. Your story brought all kinds of memories flooding back to me. It was a delight to read.
08/10/10
I enjoyed this immensely.
08/12/10
Good job and what a great spiritual lesson at the end. I too smell a winner.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and the top 30 overall.
This is absolutely fantastic Anita - I am still chuckling. Your descriptions are just so brilliant. Never have I found someone who can describe 'Eau de Poule Fumier' so well - truly the worst smell I have smelt in my life and one I can still remember over 30 years later!! Then your challenging ending- wow! Really really great.