The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1009 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I think this has, with a raw, haunting beauty, expressed the grief, despair, anger and futile desire to deny the death of a child. The facing of reality, by following stepping stones into the past, were this mother’s painful, but ultimate salvation. Indeed, it seems it was the groaning of her spirit, “human communication bypassed” that the true healing was able to begin.
Your writing helped me to experience this mother's pain in a very real way. In a way that I hope my wife and I never have to know personally... Superbly written. Well done.
07/16/09
Can you hear my heart breaking? Wow, this was so powerful, so poetic, so delicately presented...like a page from a classic book. One of the best I have ever read, period. Perfection.sniff
07/18/09
Beautiful. I read it twice to savor every well-chosen word.
07/19/09
Packed with human pathos, yet so gently and sensitively laid upon the page. Beautifully crafted.

My wife works with the deaf so it was especially touching for me.

Thank you.
07/20/09
Incredible descriptions, emotional, thoughtful, and yes haunting. If there were a level above Masters, this story would definitely reside there. Amazing!
07/20/09
A window into this woman's mind and a very authentic feel to the rambling of her thoughts throughout the story. Lovely!
07/20/09
What an amazing and profound meditation on the paths of grief! Real, indeed... and absolutely superb.
Omigoodness, it' like you put legs on grief with this one. I was captivated but gulping the whole time. A great entry. Kudos!!!
07/22/09
I had to read this a few times and then.. I wanted to cry.
It felt too much real!

07/22/09
Lisa, this is excellent! Very touching, tender, and yet subtle. Great writing!
07/22/09
Absolutely excellent. You communicated her pain, diluted it with denial and a sense of confusion, but it came out so strong I could almost touch it. And I wanted to. Wanted to sit with this woman, listen to her talk about her son, put my arm around her... Excellent.
Amazing!
I am dense. I was so caught up in your beautiful descriptions that I didn't get the story until I read it again. So sad, the loss of a child. Wonderful writing.
Wow. Simply beautiful. An excellent piece this week. And your title works just fine.
This was very "experiential" and insightful.
I was deeply touched by the writing. Beautiful!
07/22/09
WOW! I had to read it twice to get the full impact of the words. Like others said, I was so caught up in the description, I nearly missed the tragedy. "Too much real for you?" What a question! What a thing to have to face! Powerful!
07/22/09
WOW! I had to read it twice to get the full impact of the words. Like others said, I was so caught up in the description, I nearly missed the tragedy. "Too much real for you?" What a question! What a thing to have to face! Powerful!
It's amazing how much you've moved me (and apparently others) in fewer than 750 words. I've read entire books and been less inspired at the end. What a writer, such skill. God bless!
I have no words, except maybe "Magnificent!", but even that falls short of my opinion of this work of literature.
This was beyond beautiful and--just magnificent writing.