The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2098 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/12/08
You certainly captured the topic with this poem. Bet you had a lot of smiles writing it. Cute, fun, enjoyable, creative are just a few ways I'd describe this poem.
09/12/08
Very cute! An animal love story? Nice job!
09/13/08
Ha! Love your ending (that would be the tail ending). What fun. Great rhymes and meter here.
09/13/08
Three cheers for our hero: love for all and all for love. Well done.
09/14/08
Loads of fun and wonderfully done. Excellent use of internal rhyme.
I really enjoyed this story and I'm so glad the trap only got his tail. I hope the love story also ends well. You really made me care for these rodents. That's good writing since I don't usually care for rats. Yikes!
Absolutely charming. I was right there with Snappy. I'm glad it ended well!
Oh, this is fun! Very cute, and I love the message. With God all things are possible. Great job.
09/17/08
Wowzer, I read it aloud and got tongue-tied. Awesome, creative piece of work!
I couldn't believe I was cheering for a rat, but then he wasn't just any rat, it was Snappy. Love the humor, especially the stanza about "cheese scent." And the ending is perfect.
09/17/08
Cute! Reminiscent of Dr. Seuss, yet unique!
09/17/08
This was great! (smiling) I found myself picking up pace as I read towards the end when Snappy raced to save his love.
Very fun read ... great job. I really like the humor.
I enjoyed this, but children would love it, too, expecially with all the alliterations. Excellent!
What a fun story. Catchy rhythm too. I was holding my breath at the end, and I was sure that Snappy was a goner. So glad it only caught his tail. :)

It's writing like this that I can only hope to someday achieve. Creative and well written.