The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1415 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/08/07
What fun! I love the medieval tie-in throughout. I was totally engrossed in the castle story - and hated for it to end - until I got to the rest of the story :) Great last line too.
12/08/07
Highly creative. I was slightly disappointed you couldn’t squeeze in a dragon or two! I would love to know how Sarah visualises the church notices…
12/10/07
I love this girl's voice, and the whole piece is so creative! You moved your reader from Sarah's imagination and thoughts to reality seamlessly...excellent!

I'd only suggest that you look at the metaphor in the second sentence; rain-as-needles is a pretty common metaphor, and a piece this creative needs something a bit fresher than that.

Great title--you've got a real feel for the YA reader.
12/10/07
I loved it!! I think I've been to that same castle a time or two (ok, more than that. *grin*) Great job comparing the two and using that as a contrast to the reality of a home group.
12/11/07
I loved how your imagination carried the story you were writing into the car and drive to the house. Mine also carries me away from reality!
I expected you to say that the time flew because you were lost in your story, but it was a nice surprise to read that you had enjoyed yourself in reality so much that you lost track of time. I loved your imagery... all of it!
I loved the justaposition of your mc's imaginary world with her real one. Very creative and well written