The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1521 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/07
Absolutely b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! And real. I mean Salome's sentiments, especially. This is very conceived and well written. Well done!
05/31/07
Sorry, I meant to say 'very well conceived' back there.
06/01/07
Really good stuff here and I love the ending — that promise delivered in a glance. Good work.
06/03/07
Wonderful! Although she's not particularly a sympathetic character, I really liked the way you wrote Salome--so very real and one that we can identify with. I also enjoyed this glimpse at young Jesus, and his home life...and that last line, the long look at Ciaphas and Nicodemus, gave me goosebumps. They are all of us--how is Jesus looking at us?
Top-notch writing on a beloved Bible story. You did an excellent job of portraying what were the frantic thoughts of our Lord's concerned parents.
An all inclusive adventure for everyone in the story. You have a wonderful gift for re-telling and brining to life Biblical stories and keeping them within sound Christian principles.
06/05/07
Your characterization is amazingly vivid. This is just wonderful, Helen. Loved the ending too.
06/05/07
Those days spent looking for Jesus must have been a nightmare for his parents. Especially considering all they did to protect him when he was an infant.

I, too, really enjoyed that you brought Nicodemus and Caiaphas into your story. It brings to mind Jesus' encounter with each man during His later years and the response of each man.

I truly enjoyed reading this. I think I'll read this to my daughter during devotions. Thanks!
06/05/07
So consistent with the biblical account, but still brought it to life. It really stirred me. Tied it all together beautifully. Well done.
I love this look at this familiar story. The characters you added to. I never quite thought of Joseph as a 'big man' always figured him to be a regular, small sort of guy. ^_^ This was especially fun to read knowing how it would turn out. You certainly have a gift for this. Excellent descriptions and wonderful writing!