The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2097 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very interesting read. I am most impressed by the additional family-information that you posted below and how you have preserved such an important part of your ancestor's past. Well done.
What a wonderful way to preserve some family history. Nice flow and easy to follow. Well done.
05/11/07
You had me...right there by the fire reading over his shoulder. With such a well-preserved and documented family history, you must have ingredients for many stories. Well done~
05/11/07
Thank you for sharing this story. I loved it. How wonderful that it is your own family's history! A great read.
05/11/07
Just fascinating - and to know it is part of your own history makes it even more so. You painted a perfectly masterful portrait of the scene with your wonderful words. Excellent.
How great it is that we have people such as yourself and your family to preserve history so well for us. Facinating and well-told with a good attention to emotions.
05/12/07
Awesome telling of your family history. You take the reader right into the story. I'm glad you added the author's note, too, so we know he returned home. Beautiful story.