The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2182 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/30/06
You very masterly brought me right into Isaiah's mind. I didn't like it to begin with ... but that was the point, I know. This is a wonderful piece of writing.
11/30/06
This made me shudder. The images are so stark and vivid and NECESSARY. What a masterful interpretation of Isaiah's calling. Your ending is perfect.
12/01/06
I just love how masterfully, wonderfully, unbelievably well you do what you do! How's that for a comment!!!
12/01/06
Wow!

I love the way you gave Isaiah a voice and a personality just by subtlties of syntax. I say "just," but it takes a tremendously talented writer to know that just a few words arranged just so can portray a personality.

Awesome. I want to be you when I grow up.
12/02/06
it's almost eerie...I just read Consumed by Fire in the beginner level and you two have alike minds! Your descriptions are intriguing.
12/02/06
Wow, this is so very powerful. My prayer is that God will teach me how to write with such power!
12/04/06
I could easily carry on about the great talent displayed here. But, with a piece this anointed, I just want to say, "Praise God"!
The heart of the writer here makes way for the heart of Him whom the writer loves. This is a masterful story told from the submitted heart of a servant who gives her very best because it is for God's glory. I can't say more. Praise God.
Breathtaking in every way! Excellent job! Blessings, Cheri
12/04/06
What an awesome piece of writing that grabbed my heart with the power of its message and its imagery! (It was also interesting to read another take on Isaiah 6! ;) ) The Spirit really spoke through your story! I desire for Him to be able to use my writing like that someday!
12/05/06
This is absolutely amazing. What a wonderfully descriptive piece. Terrible and powerful at the same time. Just... wow.
12/05/06
Awesomely inspired ...
Again Helen, you have taken my breath away. Congrats on your win and thank you for sharing your inspired gift. You are truly a Master Scribe.
Whew! I can see why this was a winner. Congratulations. This retelling gripped and wouldn't let go. Beautiful.
Very powerful entry, Helen. Well deserving of the win.