The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2143 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/24/06
As one who has resolutely refused to "do diapers" all my life, I can only imagine! This was so well described I could feel the anxiety. Great job!
11/24/06
Too funny! You and my husband are one in regular dread of the magma force.
I can see the real Mt. St. Helens from my bedroom window, so the title caught my eye. Too funny! LOL!
11/25/06
Ohhh, so this is why the baby always waits till mommy is home! Thanks for giving us moms the inside scoop on this diabolical behavior of fathers!
Very cute!
11/27/06
What a HOOT! I absolutely adored this in every way. Such the perfect title and so well written. I REALLY wanna know the gender of the writer of this! This baby (pun INTENDED) is going in my favorites!
LOVED IT!!! Wonder if this is what my hubby goes through when I'm out...? hehe

Thanks for a great read!
11/28/06
Hillarious! My imagination was going wild thinking back with our babies and my husband's reaction to spewing from either end! LOL You captured every emotion possible with a perfect ending. This is a keeper -- one to share with new fathers or fathers-to-be. Awesome! :)
11/28/06
Oh yes, I know this story well, ofcoarse I couldn't have told near as well.
Very nice humor delivered expertly with great timing. God bless.
11/28/06
Awwww The perfect dad... knows just when to hand over the kid.. Way to go.
What a delightful read from a great dad (even though he doesn't do diapers.)

Masterfully done!
11/29/06
Perfect! (and perfectly despicable)
11/29/06
ROFL - you must be related to my husband somehow!! You're level 4, so even though you had me rolling in histerics, I caught a couple little tiny things. Firstly, I've never heard of a nose curdling ... although it would seem appropriate and maybe you intended to invent a new use of the word! Also 'warn' should be 'worn' when talking of the bunny ears. That's too funny. I need to show this to someone too!
LOL! This was hilarious! An adorable, creative way to look at the 'situation'! Good job!
Very funny! A good read. Reminds me of the time my dear husband was left in charge of the two daughters, and they left me a "present" in the bathtub water... Hmmmm... Blessings, Cheri
11/30/06
What a nasty trick to play for mommy on her homecoming! But the story was enjoyable and I could sense your love for your daughter despite her impending "eruption". I enjoyed reading this very much. Thanks for sharing it.
11/30/06
oh this is priceless! Great job Maxx.
I can't believe I've just read a whole story waiting for a baby to--you know what!

I'm flabbergasted! Very funny.(:
11/30/06
TOO FUN! Exactly my kind of humor...LOL. I love this lighter side of you, Maxx. You've proved that you're a master not only at intense, dramatic stuff but humor too. Your second place win is well deserved!
11/30/06
Yep! Priceless! ;) Whew!
03/06/07
I just started reading your pieces and so far they are amazing. This was so funny and the best part was, as soon as he first told her to wait I knew why. I just KNEW he was waiting for Mommy because my husband does the same thing! Even though I knew the ending, it was still excellent. Maybe even more excellent because I did know the ending and still wanted to read it anyway! =)