The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1573 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/06
What a lovely, comforting piece. A great reminder of unconditional love. This piece touched my heart today.
02/14/06
This touched me. I love the "heart conversations" with our children. How much more with our Lord? Just beautiful.
02/15/06
Beautiful. The parallel between the first section and the section section, with it coming back to your children at the end was very effective. The message of God's (and a mother's) unfailing love was really beautiful.
02/15/06
What a heartfelt piece! Great comparison of how we want our kids to know we're always there to how hard God tries to get us to realize the same about Him. I needed to read this today. Thanks for posting - it truly touched me and makes me want to pay closer attention to what God is whispering to my heart.
Blessings, Lynda
02/15/06
This is beautiful and I, too, needed this today as I worry about a teenage daughter. God's love will hold us up! Thank you and God bless you.
Beautiful. The first sentance caught me and the rest drew me along. Well done!
02/16/06
This is ever-so-tender and touching. Beautifully written, I especially liked "The silence in my heart spoke only of His presence." That's a phrase to meditate on...
02/16/06
The brevity and simplicity of this piece speaks volumes. My favourite line: "I closed my eyes, wanting to see more clearly." Simply beautiful!
02/16/06
Short, sweet and well done.
Beautiful. This one touched my heart.
Yes, I too especially like the image of closing eyes to see more clearly. You've captured the longing of a mother's heart beautifully!
02/17/06
So few words... so much meaning. Very nicely done. It really spoke of tenderness. Excellent!
Very poetic. Beautiful job.