The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2262 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This poem was fun! I liked the way to held to the story without making it sound contrived like rhyming sometimes does. Good Entry!
That was HILARIOUS!!!! The title caught my eye and I was not dissapointed. LOL
What a fun, entertaining poem! I tell ya, those cell phones can be a trip! Haha! Great job!
02/02/06
Loved it! Very clever.
I loved this and the timing of reading it made it even better. My husband and I have been searching the net the last few nights trying to find the best new cell phone packages. What a nightmare! I can totally relate to wanting the best features, yet finding cell phones to be carried away (loved the idea of a phone making tea! I'd buy it! hehe)

Great work with turning such a fun and unique idea into a well written and entertaining poem. Hope you place well!



PS - I plan to share this with my husband when he comes home from work. I'm sure he'll enjoy it too!
02/02/06
That was a riot! What a wonderful flight lf fancy :)
02/03/06
Very enjoyable! This was fun! Could be a winner!
02/03/06
This was very funny - I am always in awe of those who can write poetry well, and this was well written.
02/03/06
This is wonderful! Your fourth stanza cracked me up.
02/03/06
One of the most clever poems I've ever read. You definitely have a gift!
02/03/06
Too funny! You know, I wouldn't really be surprised if they start making cell phones that do brew a cup of tea. If it brewed coffee, I'd snap it up in a second!
Great humor, great fun. Well done!
Blessings, Lynda
02/03/06
This WAS hilarious! I love the pace and the rhythm. It does take a certain type of talent to write this kind of poem, kind of half poet/half comedian, I think. My favorite line was "And passed the promised satellite, instead of bouncing back". I had to read it twice because it interrupted the pace I was reading at by making me spit laughter all over my screen. :>)
02/03/06
How funny!! My cell phone frustrates me quite a lot. It's never beamed me into the far reaches of space and reality, but I've felt like sending it down to the terra firma many times!!!
I am still laughing... This is a really cute poem. I especially liked...

"And if the line is busy,
It will brew a cup of tea.”

Keep up the good work!
02/03/06
lol! What else can I say? Funny!
02/04/06
I think this is a masterpiece of humor, wit and poetry. A delight that tickles the fancy of the reader!
That was great! Very funny.
02/05/06
I'm just picking out a few entries to read this week. SOOOOO glad I clicked on this one. Fun, fun, fun.
02/05/06
I love this! It has everything. Humor, cell phones, and a little touch of heaven!! Great job!
02/06/06
GREAT! I certainly enjoyed this! CONGRATULATIONS!
02/06/06
Super, wonderful, fantastic, hilarious! A well-deserved placement in EC. Way to go!!!
02/06/06
Too funny. I'd sign up too if it made coffee.
02/06/06
This poem is really good! It's well-written, creative, funny (I love the part about the Earl Grey tea!), and flows very nicely. I hope you will write more pieces like this. Congrats on your win, and keep up the good work!
Delightful, silly...you have a wonderful gift for telling poetic stories. I'm a decided fan! :)
02/07/06
So original and lots of fun! Congratulations...well done!
Oh, this was wonderful. I needed a good laugh. Congrats on a well-deserved win.