The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1244 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/13
This was a clever and well written entry, I enjoyed it from start to finish. Thank you. God bless~
I really enjoyed this sweet story. It felt like it could have been taken out of a Little House on the Prairie episode or the Waltons--at a time when life seemed simpler. You took me back to a time where life is difficult, especially for orphans but simpler as far as the world being too busy to care.

The only red ink I have is just my opinion. I almost wish Petey had disappeared mysteriously. Though I truly believe God does send angels to watch over us, that idea can be overused in the literary world. It would be no less of a miracle if Petey was sent by God, and he continued to help care for the kids.

Overall, I think you did a fantastic job. I really enjoyed the characters and the story left me with the warm feeling inside. God can do amazing things and does every single day. I have been blessed by your words.
I love this. Sharp, funny, hopeful.
03/21/13
God never lets us down—this message comes through in your story very well. No matter how dire our situation may be, we can count on God to look after us. Nicely written!
I love the faith of Ginger, and how she continues to look after her younger brothers and teach them the lessons her father gave to her. Congratulations on your EC. Nicely done!
03/21/13
oh this is lovely. I am sorry I missed it on the first go around. I love stories such as this. You have a definite talent for story telling.

Congratulations of your well deserved first place win. Excellent!
03/21/13
Congrats also on your EC!
03/21/13
Great story telling!I liked it even better the second time through. Your attention to details gave it a splendid flair. Congratulations on your EC win.
Congratulations on your 1st place level win and your EC. Well deserved!
Congratulations on a well deserved EC. The double names of the children gave a delightful flavor to the story and made them memorable characters. Definitely an enjoyable read.