The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1260 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
This was a lovely heartfelt and moving poem. I loved the intensity and the flow of the prolific message.
Nicely done.

God bless~
I really liked your poem. Such a beautiful picture of a lost soul gradually understanding their need for Jesus and then accepting his gift of salvation. Good job... keep writing.
02/02/13
"At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow. Some willingly. Others in fear.
Thank you for this reminder.
02/02/13
I love this.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
There's just something about that name!
02/02/13
Jesus...a name worth repeating. Well done.
02/02/13
Beautiful work! This just pours over the soul. Your ending is amazing. Excellent meter, fascinating format. Love it!
02/02/13
"A heart healing miracle; a soul is reborn" I love that line. Beautifully done!
02/02/13
Another outstanding poem. They just keep flowing from you. It's as if the dam broke and the refreshing waters abound.
Well done. Jesus is worthy of all praise, and is the answer to every problem.
I am tempted to just settle in here and find the comfort inherent in it. This is exquisite.
02/03/13
I just wanted to close my eyes and float off with this beautiful poem. Superb.
02/04/13
Love this very much. Very flowing and right to the point. Beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing your heart with us!
02/04/13
You really touched my heart with the psalm-like cry of this poem! I could feel the terror and pain in that awesome first stanza, and you had so many other wonderfully-rendered phrases, such as "A soul on fire with yesterday's hell
What scurlious lies evil does tell." The positive ending will be a real encouragement to those in the midst of struggle and pain. Great job! :)
Lynn, You have such strong writing that emanates from your spirit, that God placed within you! I love how in the 3rd stanza you talk about a "terror" that made you scream -- then you realized it was only a dream. Then in the very last stanza, you bring it home again, only this time with a resolution of a heart completely given to God and so now the dreams are heaven sent. You tell in such a poetically and beautiful way how important it is for every Christian to completely humble themselves before Him and when we do we will always find rest again and yet again.
Lynn, You have such strong writing that emanates from your spirit, that God placed within you! I love how in the 3rd stanza you talk about a "terror" that made you scream -- then you realized it was only a dream. Then in the very last stanza, you bring it home again, only this time with a resolution of a heart completely given to God and so now the dreams are heaven sent. You tell in such a poetically and beautiful way how important it is for every Christian to completely humble themselves before Him and when we do we will always find rest in "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.
02/05/13
Ahh that sweet Name of Jesus!
This is a giant step up from the last one I read from you--you just keep getting better, Praise God! A couple of the rhymes sounded just a bit forced. In poetry you can leave out some connector words and produce sort of a cadence or rhythm by re-wording and counting syllables in each line, using hard consonant words at the right intervals. Just thought that might help you get even better.
I loved the emotion in this, I could really feel it, and that's the essence of poetry. Great piece!
Is there any name sweeter? More comforting? More hopeful and filled with faithful assurance? You've done (again) a great job expressing this in poetic form.
Wow, this is stunning. I'm not musical at all, but when I read this, it was a definite song. I could hear the melody in my head and I figure if I can hear it that someone who isn't tone deaf could easily turn this into a top 40 Christian song. I really hope you try to do something like that. I wouldn't know where to tell you to begin, but really believe you have a hit in this poem.