The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1638 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This brought tears to my eyes.
11/24/12
Having just gone through this with two members of our church and facing it with a family member now this was like seeing it all again in black and white.
11/26/12
This was so wonderful. Well crafted and it flows so easily yet was gripping and held the reader from start to finish. You took us on a journey through intimate moments in your life. Thank you for bringing us along!
11/27/12
This touched me and will many others. Thanks.
God bless~
Wow what a powerful piece. I felt like I was there with you every step along the way. You have a beautiful way with words and this is a loving and well-written tribute.
Congratulations on your well deserved placement. It brings tears to my eyes each time I read through it.
This is just so beautiful. What a wonderful and precious Mum. All of this is written with such tenderness, particularly 3. I love your two phrases 'Time fills with grace' and 'time opens into eternity.' Wonderful writing. Many congratulations.
11/29/12
Congratulations! Tears came by the time I reached one. Beautiful writing with honest emotions.
11/29/12
Oh, wow! This story is incredibly moving, and even more so to me because I went through something similar to this with my mother. I went home to care for her in her dying weeks from cancer, so I can really relate. I love how time transformed during each of the "ten tender weeks," and the ending, despite its sadness, was filled with hope. Beautiful piece and so deserving of its high honors this week! WAY TO WRITE!!
11/29/12
Congratulations on your well-deserved win. You have captured so many emotions in this story, while skilfully setting them free in our hearts and minds. It's brought back memories of my parents' deaths, and of many experiences of grief throughout my ministries. Great work.
11/30/12
Lovely, bittersweet story of tragedy bringing reconciliation.
Well deserved win.
11/30/12
Oh, there's so much emotion packed in this. What a beautiful tribute to your mother. I'm so pleased to see this recognized with an Editor's Choice award.
Wow.
12/03/12
Congratulations on your 2nd place win. This is beautifully written and extremely moving. Thank you for sharing this.
I can hardly read this; way too close to home. Effective format. Thank you.