The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1348 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/16/12
Beautiful, powerful and a loving reminder of how we can serve God. This story represents Christ and His love through the actions of the MC and her widow friend.

Nicely done. Thank you.

God bless~
08/19/12
I really enjoyed your well-written story and the message it puts across. Well done.
08/19/12
I love the way this all turned out. It's hard to step outside your gifting to wait tables if that's not what God has called you to do. But the Martha's who love serving often expect the Mary's to do just that.
Great job writing this, and what a wonderful message!
08/21/12
Awesome story and I loved the ending. You made the MC very likable and someone to cheer for. Very well written!
I loved this story. You really captured the heart of Elaine (Actually your MC reminds me of how Mom was and her name was Elaine too. Missing my mother and seeing a glimpse of her in your MC really made me smile)You covered the topic in a fresh way. I believe there is a Proverb about how it is better to eat a small meal with those you love than a feast with arrogant people. You really brought that one little verse to life and you did a brilliant job of it.
08/22/12
I could relate to this on many levels: feeling guilty and pressured to do a job I didn't want, to feel torn between a ministry opportunity, although Elaine made the right choice and one that made her husband happy. Well written. God bless!
08/23/12
Congrats! God bless~
08/23/12
Awesome job Genia! Congrats on your well deserved placement!
HAPPY DANCE!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
This piece was so real and believeable. Your MC stayed true to her faith and now is a mentor to us all. Thanks for the story and congratulations!
08/28/12
Congratulations, Dear Lady!
Keep Winging His Words!