The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 938 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is beautiful. I could picture the hospital and even smell the smells. I really liked how you came full circle. Beautiful story!
03/01/12
Oh what a wonderfully written story. This was compelling and sweet at once. I loved the meaning and the powerful ending.

Thank you for this. I cannot tell you how we appreciated the volunteers who came in to read for our patients in the nursing homes.

Great job. Thank you.

God Bless~
03/05/12
I visit my mother every week in a nursing facility and my heart swells with gratitude for those that bring the word of God to them. This is a great story! God bless!
03/06/12
What needless pain we often bear when we forget the reason for living, even amid the good we are doing for others. Thankfully, God never forgets our work and the love we show toward His name (Hebrews 6:10). Whether we are ministering to the saints or the sinners, God sees our hearts and will reward us according to our deeds (Jeremiah 17:10).

This truth of God's loving care comes through in your encouraging story very well. A nicely written piece!

03/08/12
Well done and congratulations on the 2nd place finish!
03/08/12
Congratulations! God Bless~
Congratulations for your ribbon in level 3 and for ranking 16th overall!
03/09/12
Congratulations Sandra!
03/09/12
This is such a beautiful story! A nurse reading the Bible to Civil War patients is absolutely perfect for the topic of "encouragement."

I really liked the part where you compared your character, Cain, to the Bible character and used that to show that this was a war where "brother fought against brother." And also how you said that all of the patients, even if they didn't shout out loud, were silently screaming.

Awesome job! Big congrats on your Second Place scoring!