The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1441 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/21/11
This would make an excellent sermon, particularly to youth!Great writing! God bless!
07/22/11
Great job of turning a Star Trek episode into a parable. I was immediately grabbed as this was one of my favorite episodes of the old series when I was a kid. It provided a great visual for the message you were trying to get across and you crafted it in such a way that I think even a non-trekie would get it. I think you could have jazzed up the title a little more, but otherwise, great piece!
07/25/11
So many good nuggets of truth in here to ponder! I too remember that episode of Star-Trek and I love how you have taken its vision and transformed it into a spiritual lesson! My favorite line within this though is: “paradise is where our Lord is present”…I had said the same earlier on another comment here…so true! I enjoyed the prayer at the end of this also! Good job!
07/26/11
"What is important to know, however, is simply this—paradise is where our Lord is present." My favorite line - How exciting to know that He is everywhere present! (Psalm 139) Then, our exciting assignment is to be the lamp that brings the Light of the world so those in darkness can SEE that fact for themselves. What a precious assignment we have been given!
07/26/11
interesting.... I wonder if a modern version of this type of Sci Fi would look to some happy pills for the same reaction or some food additives :-) I like the way you made this understandable for everyone and did not presume all your readers were Trekkies.could be a winner? i reckon the judges will love this
07/26/11
I watched this episode of Star Trek to spark an idea for my entry. Didn't work:) I love how you tied it into yours, though. Good job.
07/27/11
Not having seen many Star Trek episodes, I might 'star trek'ing my credibility by presuming any close insights. But I like how you have woven parallels fromm the series into strong bible truths. I see a touch of CS Lewis' novels, and Harold Myra's "No Adam in Eden," which carry similar thoughts. Well done.
07/28/11
Never thought I'd see a Star Trek episode turned into a parable, but you succeeded, great job!
07/28/11
Congratulations on your placing. Well done.
07/29/11
Love this presentation of the topic. Congratulations on your placing.