The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1897 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful poem!
Oh I like this! Lovely poem. God bless.
10/11/05
This started so sadly and quickly became so optimistic. It was beautiful - both content and form. Well done!
The image of what has been left behind tolls out like a death nell in this ode. Great weaving of tone and mood!
10/13/05
Great work. I especially love the 5th stanza.
10/16/05
At first I wanted to stop reading but I continued and am glad I did! Nice!
10/18/05
Kenn, this was a very good poem. It was somber, but also uplifting at the same time - what an achievement.

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you did very well in the Flowers Challenge - although you may not have received an actual award. You ranked 8th in the Level 3 awards, which is very good considering the level of competition in Advanced. You also ranked 16th overall - out of a total of 145 entries. So be encouraged. I'm sure we'll see more wonderful work from you in the future.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Just doing some browsing and stumbled upon this poem Very good! I loved the message.
07/05/07
I am so in awe of your writing gift! Your writing is both inspired and inspiring! Thanks for sharing your first entry!!
Ken, I think you've always had the writing gift. This first poem here shows it, but, oh my, how you have sharpened it! I always look forward with great anticipation to your poetry in the challenges.
07/05/07
Thanks for sharing this, Kenn. This still feels like you (even without the rhyme - I noticed it has perfect, or near-perfect, meter.), but this is a classic example of how much your craft has been honed.
You are a very good poet!