The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 894 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Fantastic! I loved how you threaded the perfect scriptures within the framework of the Gettysburg battle. Loved the poetic prose approach too.
Your on my list. Stan
Sorry I did read the first part and meant to say Antietam. It makes this realtively unsong story all the more fitting.
12/05/10
My goodness! The words you've chosen and the way you've chosen to use them -- simply magnificent. I could not read this piece without feeling every bit of it settling in the center of my chest.

This gave me chills and reminded me of the price so many have paid. Beautifully done.
12/06/10
Stark reality yet hauntingly beautiful, the hope and life being brought forth by the scriptures perfectly woven throughout.
12/06/10
Your imagery at times made me flinch which means you did an excellent job with your descibing this horrible scene. I like how you interspersed the scenes with scriptures of hope.
12/07/10
I love how you have juxtaposed the apparently limitless waste of life - so graphically-described - with the more limitless grace of God in constructing this entry. I hope it rates well.
Congratulations on your HC!
12/09/10
Congrats, Patricia, on your recognition for this incredible story. Well done.