The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 667 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow what an intense story. You spoke for many silicate today and you did an outstanding job.
09/19/10
Absolutely excellent work. I was riveted throughout, and the MC's voice was authentic.
09/19/10
Good writing, though difficult to read. A real message of an inner person with all the props gone.
09/21/10
WOW. What a powerful and sad story. So heartwrenching.

I like how you hooked in the reader with the game show and also tied it in at the conclusion.

Great job,and I think that this should be a winner!
Sad story. I wish it had ended on a positive note but realize things always don't end happy. It was very well written; I only noticed one error.
Good job weaving anger and desperation together in this piece. Also, very creative--taking away your MC's voice so that all they had left was a heartcry to God. Sometimes, we need to be quiet before the Lord, so that our hearts can cry out to Him.
09/22/10
Wonderful! So on topic and impacting. Well done.
09/22/10
This caught my attention right away because the game show, "Wheel of Fortune" is huge in our house - my son with autism adores it and has actually been downright obsessed with it since toddlerhood - the wheel and all.

But anyway, I thought this piece was magnificent and I just love how you tied the chaplain's misfortune to the game show.

This is a winner for sure - great writing!
There are so many casualties of war. Some men don't come home, and the ones that do are never the same. My brother has served three tours in Iraq. He watched five of his friends die from a road-side bomb. Your story made me think of him, and send up a prayer for the men fighting and their chaplains.
Congratulations for placing 11th in your level!