The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 766 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/10
This is a touching story. Such a blessing for the residents to have a pet in their midst. And, what a blessing for the staff to have such a watchful nose on duty.
08/05/10
Well done! I've heard about Oscar. What a comfort he must be when the end comes.
I've heard about that cat before. You did a great job telling the story. A cat's purr has been proven to comfort those in pain. It's wonderful how God's creation works together when we allow it to happen.
Wow! What an amazing story. It just goes to show that God has placed a small part of his love and compassion in our animals. Thank you.
Ohhh, great story. I figured out it was an animal about half way through. I've heard of this kind of thing happening. Good job.
Enjoyed seeing this through the kitty's eyes! Heart warming story and yes you had me guessing. :)
08/10/10
I couldn't figure out who Oscar was until the end...what a remarkable story about a remarkable cat with a remarkable nose. I enjoyed every word of your story. Oscar was indeed a special gift to that nursing home and its residents.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and the top 30 overall.