The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 882 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is such a great story. I was confused by the second paragraph, I thought you were entering your new classroom, but the description was more of a port-a potty. However once I got past my confusion, I was drawn into the story and the obvious love for the students. The ending is perfect.
08/06/10
Your story-telling was so visual and stimulating, I now have an upset stomach. Loved every minutes of it, though. Thanks for sharing even if it did make me flinch a little.
Great imagery here; you write very well. I felt repelled by this classroom full of "smellies" but then felt so guilty, and prayed that I, too, would have come to the same conclusion: "What smell?" Great message, and a great take on the topic. Thank you.
08/07/10
I really love this entry. You took me back to happy days when I worked in units like the one you describe. Special needs people taught me a lot. They are who they are, warts n all and with no pretence. You can't help but love them. And isn't it stange how after a while you don't need a peg for your nose! Your descriptions were spot on. Well done.
08/12/10
I love this. I work with special education students, too. Nothing like this but with some of the smells and so many blessings! Congratulations on your EC!
Very precious story! Congrats on your first place in Advanced and your EC!
08/12/10
Congratulations! Such vivid images and such a smooth transition from unpleasant odors to the fragrance of love. I've got to go find a tissue, you have brought tears to my eyes.
08/12/10
Dramatic and powerful images as well as self-awareness in this entry got to me. Guilt is one of the emotions...and admiration for so many who give in this unselfish manner.
Congrats on winning EC.

Mmona
08/13/10
Congratulations on your winning placement with this compelling story. The MC and all those who help the disabled are God's angels on earth.