The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1032 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This reminded me of a childhood event, where a little girl walked into the living room from her bedroom and said that she had spoken with Jesus. later that night she mysteriously or unexpectedly died. The word got around to other friends and family.

This story felt non-fiction, and perhaps you may have conveyed a true incident, or story. Either way it was a good read.
This brought tears to my eyes as I remember a similar event when my own grandmother was dying. The message is one so many need to hear.
08/03/10
I like the warmth in your story and the wisdom in your wording of this sentence, "Clearly, life doesn’t always come in packages as pretty as those we place beneath the tree." Very nice work!
08/03/10
Your description of going to the hospital was very real and I loved the line "life doesn’t always come in packages as pretty as those we place beneath the tree." The way you wove the imagery throughout the story was so natural.
08/04/10
Oh, I love this. A great tribute to your grandmother. I have certain things that always make me think of my grandma too. Those are great memories to have. :)
08/04/10
I loved the analogy of opening Christmas gifts. This was a great story full of hope and promise, all we have to do is open our eyes and see Jesus. Well done.
08/04/10
An interesting read with a message reminding us that Jesus is always there. Thanks - Colin
1 Timothy:
I enjoy reading your writings. This is a beautiful tribute with a profound reminder. He is there even when we cannot see Him.
Your story touched my heart--a good thing for an author to be able to do.