The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1148 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I am smiling all over the place right now after reading this. Excellent! Terrific description of what it means to get lost in a good book. Bravo! May you be blessed with many more of these "mom times".
You vividly described how easy it is to get lost in a good book.
Ahhh! The only thing this story needs is some munchies. What fun, to be lost in a good book.
I LOVED this! Especially, "the heart now fed". I saw myself in all of this and it had a rhythm that made it fun to read as well. (btw)...am enjoying my "mom" time right now, reading this. :)
04/28/10
oh wow, what fun this was to read! I love this phrase, "The lids at half mast." I think I've done this a time or too. :) Great meter, rhyme, and story! (as usual!)
Isn't that the truth - at least for some books. This was a great, fun and entertaining way to illustrate how captivating words on paper can be. Wonderful job!
Great job here of describing a book lover. (I saw myself!)
haha, now this is what I think of with "the reader"! lol, incredibly delightly, all writers and readers can relate. Awesome job!
04/29/10
Really fun to read. The rhythm and the word use was so perfect throughout that it just lifted me and made me feel like almost singing in response. It reminded me so much of days in my teen age years, when I'd start a book around the afternoon, and end up reading it straight through, all night long.
Congratulations in placing in the top 40 over-all and in the top 15 of your level. Good job!
05/11/10
I thought this was a delightful poem. Not deep and ponderous, but lots of fun with an excellent plot development. Too many poems don't go anywhere - yours took us to a place that many of us have certainly visited. Well done.