The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1189 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was great. I loved the ending. I never dreamed they would be old lovers! Great job.
From title (love it) to surprise ending (did not expect grandma & grandpa), this story delivers like a well-aimed snowball.:-) Quite refreshing! Wonderful descriptions! I pictured it all! Loved the sentence comparing the shriek to a muffet on a tuffet. Bet there were some sore muscles & joints shrieking at the end of the day too.
03/05/10
I love this, especially saving the ending as a real surprise. Well done
Good surprise ending. It was fun rereading your story in the light of a different point of view. Very creative.
03/07/10
Very clever title, and the gentle way you built the story and the edginess - then took us in a totally unexpected direction. Great work!
This is just darn good writing - every bit of it! One of my favorites, so far. And the ending was pure delight.
03/11/10
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! I am standing in my own field of screams-- screams of delight!!!
03/11/10
Congratulation Robyn! This was pure fun. I had a picture of teenagers in my mind all the way through and LOVED the surprise ending.
03/11/10
What a delicious little surprise you snuck in! As I'm sure you intended, I was thinking, "Ah, young love.." all the way through, because it definitely had that feel. I love surprises! Thanks and congrats!
03/11/10
What a beautifully written story.... love the way you withheld their identity! Congrats on Editor's Choice with this!
03/12/10
Ditto on above. :-) Congratulations!
Oh this is just too good, I would have never guessed they were old folks. I'm so glad I got to read this story. What a laugh it brought at the end.
03/15/10
Yep, nice surprise ending. Being a grandmother it hit home too.