The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1006 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/09
I find it interesting how we all deal with this topic in reality. Nice job of dealing with the matter of letting go and letting God.
A good reminder that we bring up our children to do the one thing we don’t want them to do: leave.
09/19/09
I like your title as well as the story. When the kids leave it is a little like standing on a precipice. You did a good job with the topic.
09/19/09
Very good job.
09/21/09
I enjoyed reading this entry...I like the way your MC made the daughter's room a haven for getting closer to God...I liked the way the scripture reference was worked into the story. It had a very devotional feel.
09/21/09
Thanks for sharing your quiet time with us readers. I agree with Lisa--this felt like a devotional reading when it concluded. Good job.
09/22/09
This story flowed really beautifully and seemed so true to life. I enjoyed reading it.
09/22/09
I loved your message of comfort to every parent who has seen their child(ren) grow up and leave home. I agree, this is a beautiful devotion as well as a comforting story.
Great devotional thought and a reminder that we are safely tucked away in God's nest. Good job!
I liked the encouragement in your entry for anyone who's "letting go" of a son or daughter. Very well done.
Such a true and simple message, but one I need to be reminded of. When I read your MC's revelation regarding the scripture, I said aloud, "Oh *yeah*, she is in His nest. Well done.
Nicely written. Great illustration of how God speaks to us through His Word. And I too love "the way the pages rustle in the quietness of the night." It's like a prelude to peace. :) Cat
09/24/09
This was so emotionally honest and real. Very well written. Excellent.
09/25/09
Congratulation on being Highly Commended for the week.
09/25/09
Congratulations, Pamela, on receiving "highly commended" for this great piece.