The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1246 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Powerfully written with a wonderful closing reminder of God's grace. Well done.
05/15/09
Wow! This piece is wonderfully done. You drew me right in, and your words brought tears to my eyes. As one who has recovered from an eating disorder, I could relate to the negative voices that fuel destructive behaviors. And the ending is beautiful. Great job. :)
05/16/09
I echo the WOW.

A wonderful devotional piece that I could hear many laity use in their devotional presentation.

Well done.
05/19/09
You wrote the voices just so...with power reluctantly given them.
Very smart.
Mona
05/19/09
Good and bad voices haunt this person to the point of driving them... Not to drink or to the bottle - but to sweets and goodies. Sad state of affairs, but seems to come out of their dispair with encouragement from the Good Voice. Interesting take on the topic. Very well written, also.
Excellent writing revealing insight into this devastating disorder. I love the hope at the end.
Like your MC, I hear those voices too. Only they aren't in bold anymore. Jesus can and DOES heal. Very moving. Thank you for writing this powerful article.
05/20/09
This was fantastically powerful and haunting. Superb.
05/22/09
Congratulations! You made it in the top 15 list. This is a very powerful message. Good job.