The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1024 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/08
Many children were sacrificed over the birth of Jesus, and Jesus Himself promised us persecution. (Matthew 5:10 - 12, Mark 10:29,30). He also promises to be husband to the widow (Is 54:5) and father to the fatherless (Psalm 10:14), offering a greater intensity to their relationship with Him.

"In the world you shall have tribulation..."

I pray that the church to which they belong takes great care of the surviving family and secures them for life. This is the role of the church in such a situation. Christian schools can offer full scholarships to the children, and the church can build them a house. I truly believe this is required and pray that it occurs. Their ultimate sacrifice should be honoured in this degree at least.

Perhaps the reason you have posted this tragic information is that writers can show churches their responsibility for widows and orphans which is true religion, and God-like behaviour.

Love to you and them. Helen
12/16/08
I remember reading that Malawi has one of the highest rates in the world for death on the roads as measured against the number of vehicles. Poor maintenance, corrupt inspection, falsified documents, they contribute to making life on the mission field all the more demanding.
At the end of the day only God knows and God cares. Whether we live or we die, it do it all for Jesus.
The Lord's grace be upon your friends.