The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1433 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/05
Wow! Very creative.
Wow! I love this. Powerful writing, wonderful message. Thank you.
07/11/05
Very creative, I could see this done as a playette during a contemporary service.
Thank you for posting.
07/12/05
Very well written -I liked the converstaion style.
Powerful and moving! I especially like how you have depicted God caring for His servant and the cares of His servant! Thanks for writing.
07/12/05
Whew.......! I wonder if you had somebody specific in mind when you wrote this, given that it was dated in the 80s. Well done!!!
07/14/05
Excellent! The conversation seemed so real. What a clever idea. Good job!
07/14/05
Hard at any time to place loved ones in God's hands. You make this man's journey of acceptance believable and leave us with hope for his grieving family. A story of a universal experience well told.
07/14/05
Very well written. Letting go, and the fact that nothing was mentioned about the minister experiencing pain in his body. Very creative, I agree. littlelight
07/15/05
You made this work very well. Good writing. Good job - excellent!
A very compelling dialogue. About 2/3 of the way through, I found myself wondering, "Where's the beach?" And then it showed up, so obviously! I loved this line: "An elasticized moment passed, time turned inside itself." Very creative and effective.
07/15/05
Very powerful piece. Wonderful, "real" conversation with God. Excellent writing.
Blessings, Lynda
07/16/05
This sort of thing can be tricky but you pulled it off well. Congrats on an excellent piece!
07/19/05
Brenda, as always, great work - and I just wanted to pop in and let you know that you made it into the semi-finals for the Beach Challenge. Only 21 entries got that far, and you did very well. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)