The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1149 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/01/08
Your title caught my eye, and your words kept me the rest of the way. I actually read it twice. Wonderful work, I loved it. Great humor and perfect ending.
Too funny! I loved the last part about getting closer to what you asked for. There were some spots that you could choose a different/word phrase rather than repeating what you have already used.. ie... i tried that once. I think my favorite was the third to last paragraph.. LOL funny! Nice job.
05/02/08
Love the title, and the voice. I could totally relate to your MC. Nice job with the topic.
05/02/08
Your title in relation to your entry is great! This is so humorous. I love "wearing a permanent badge of spitup" and "three months later I was pregnant and still dogless." Then your words are beautiful, "he reached out his tiny hand, touching my cheek and my heart." This was so enjoyable to read.
05/02/08
Wonderful! I especially loved the images of the Doberman thrown over the shoulder, and the husky in underpants.
05/02/08
Really loved this story,it made me laugh!Well done.
05/04/08
This is cute and funny. Glad you finally came to realize how precious these little ones are. Give you a hint--grandkids are the treasures of old age. Look forward to this stage when you can just laugh at everything they do and enjoy them without rancor. It's wonderful!
05/04/08
The humor of this piece finally came out in the last sentence, before that it was more like a tirade against children,(which I'm sure you didn't mean). The writing was good so keep doing it.
05/05/08
Very enjoyable read and such a great sense of humor you show!
05/06/08
Will you still ask for a dog? I like the humour which we might have missed if you had got your dog. Well done.
05/06/08
Thank you for the refreshing, real-life look into motherhood. I laughed out loud when I read "permanent badge of spit-up" So many entries have been nice and sweet memoirs, which have their place, but for me, who is a fairly young mother, I wanted to cheer outloud and say - Yes, motherhood is hardwork, a definite blessing, but I am glad someone recognized my permanent badge of spit-up.
Thank you, Debbie, for this fun story with lots of chuckles.