The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1646 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/07
Wow--powerful story!
12/08/07
This was very good. You caught me off guard there at the end. This is exactly how home groups are supposed to minister to one another. Thank you for sharing!
Laury
12/09/07
Perfect title - and I love how you open and close with it. What an amazing experience.
12/10/07
Very good. Very real. Fresh writing! God bless.
12/10/07
Your story is a beautiful testimony to the restoring power of God! We can always count on the Lord to want to bring us back to Him in love and grace, and it's good to know His agents on earth are willing to do the same.
12/10/07
This is what it is all about. Churches built on home groups that provide such richness of fellowship that wayward members, longing for genuine Christian love, return in repentance - and receive unconditional forgiveness and restoration in response.
12/10/07
I loved this. I loved how you showed someone like Trish could fall into sin (of her own making). But God is always faithful to lead us back to the narrow path. Beautiful.
Wow, I liked how this turned out. I enjoyed watching this play out, especially how the group rallied around Trish, in spite of it all, it was good. After reading, the title fits well.
*Also loved the song at the end. One of my favorites.
12/11/07
Awesome story — the end came out of the blue, which made it that much better.
12/12/07
This is an awesome story of God's mercy working through His willing, merciful people: a 'home run'!
"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10
Very captivating, you had me on the edge of my seating wondering what was wrong. Great writing, keep up the good work!
I was captivated by your story and blessed by the way you showed how a home group should work.
12/12/07
You've created a beautiful example of how a home group should minister to each other, especially those struggling with sin. Your dialogue is great. Very nice story!
12/12/07
Wonderful!! You did a great job and I really liked the voice you used--it was perfect for this story. What a great reminder to follow the Spirit's prompting.
12/12/07
Wow -- didn't see that ending coming. This is a beautiful story of what a home group should be. Nice job with the topic.
You kept me glued to my computer screen as I read this entry. Awesome writing!