The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1229 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/29/07
Nice title:) I especially like your last paragraph.
Laury
11/29/07
This is inspiring!
11/30/07
I love the voice of this, and the obvious wisdom throughout. Definitely inspiring.
Inspiring indeed - I love this personal account of how God has used your gift to encourage others.
12/02/07
And you have done so, very well.
God gives His children gifts and we should use them for the benefit of Him. Words we write will have an impact on others.
12/04/07
"I have no business being a Christian writer. I did not necessarily lead a Christian life; but, for some reason, the Lord Jesus Christ put a pen in my hand and said, “Write.”

And isn't it cool that the seed was planted by God but watered by an alcoholic? Only God could do that!

Other than the message, one of my favorite things about this piece is the way you sprinkle in humor at just the right moments. Great job!
12/04/07
I loved your story, not just about the gifts of writing, preaching, encouragement, and teaching, but also about hope! We don't have to be perfect vessels.
An excellent message. I love the ending! Very well done!
12/05/07
We have gifts born in us, and when God can, He gets us to use them. Glad He got you to use yours.
Your words offer encouragement to all. I enjoyed the humor in your writing and the personal touch. This is one of my favorites this week.
I very much enjoyed your simply told narrative of a lifetime of writing. Your descriptions are excellent. (I had an alcoholic algebra teacher, but she never commented on my gift in mathematics. Could have been because there wasn't one. :))
It is refreshing to look back with you and see how God has blessed your gift.
I was expecting a story of some sort, but found this to be much more enjoyable. The note of hope at the end is an inspiration to keep on writing. I enjoyed this. Thank you.
What an interesting dialog/story. It shows what an interesting life you have lead. I especially loved your last paragraph.