The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1214 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/23/07
Definately a creative approach to the topic. Are you, or were you Billy or do you just enjoy little boys sick senses of humor? As a grown up little boy I can understand how this was the highlight of a young life. I have a friend who is an excellent public speaker. He always gets sick (not quite barf-bag sick) just before he speaks to a crowd but he keeps speaking for the Lord in spite of his inevitable upset stomach. It takes love for the Lord to continue when sickness preceeds a victory in Jesus name.
11/24/07
I think your title is drawing people to read this entry:) Very funny. Good job!
Laury
11/28/07
A lot of fun and orneriness packed into this. Great writing!
Yes, a boy would get a kick out of that. Poor Suzy. This was fun and creative. Good job.
11/28/07
Oh man, am I glad I already had dinner earlier. I knew a girl who was just like this one, and a boy who could sometimes be sick, too. Ugh. But the MC in this story is ALL boy! Funny!
11/28/07
Cute--my only complaint is that I wish it were longer!
Little boys and frogs are always a cute combo. This was entertaining. Nicely done.
11/28/07
Oh, Ruth, you are getting so good. Great visuals. You also get my award for best title. God bless.
11/28/07
Yukky. So good I got nauseaus!
Temple
Delightful!
Very enjoyable story. I am with Billy....pastor daughter or not, a child should not be pressured to do something would result in so much trauma...vomiting.
This was great! I raised two sons, and now have a grandson that were/are just like your MC. You captured the essence of an ornery young boy and their twisted sense of humor to a T! Well done!
11/28/07
Oh, what a HOOT! Love the boy's POV especially. Great detail (I was right there, though I wish I hadn't been LOL).
11/28/07
I kept hoping the frog would somehow distract Suzie from barfing--LoL. What a fun read--wish there had been more. :-) Good job! :-)
This was a cute and fun read and probably shows what really goes on behind the scenes than we think.
11/29/07
You cracked me up with this one! I'll have the visual in my head for a week! :0
11/29/07
LOL Love it! I can just see the whole thing.