The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1473 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/07
This is a great illustration of "God's Word not returning void". Your story is well-written and I love the ending. Nice writing!
11/13/07
As a former English teacher, I loved your hint! I like the way you tied the ending back to the setting in the 1st paragraph. The dialogue was well done, with the Grammy's thoughts in between.
11/14/07
Great job! The way you worked in Laura's thoughts was great--it added a lot to the story. Children are naturals--we can learn much from them!
11/14/07
What a great entry! Love the title. This little boy really is a champion. I like how you wove scripture throughout. Thank you for sharing!
Laury
11/14/07
Oh, this is so heartwarming! I love the little Oliver character: he's so precious and REAL. The voices of your characters are marvelous, too.
Really great story. Warms a Sunday School teacher's heart. Great characterization. Thanks
11/14/07
Oh, this got a goose bump or two and a tear out of me! Very well written and moving story. And of COURSE I like Grammy's name. :)
11/14/07
A very nice detail--the little squirrel who makes an appearance in both the first and last paragraphs. That's the sort of touch that distinguishes fine writing.
This gave me goosebumps-a bittersweet story. I liked the struggle between Grammy and learning the verses. This was just great. The ending was the best though-love that last sentence. ^_^
The story is well written and draws the reader right in to witness the struggle taking place. Children are wonderful heart-catchers and your Oliver is a fine example. The message is a gentle touch with a good push.
Congratulations on the EC!
Age is not a factor in evangelism, as you so proficiently have shown...
11/16/07
Very nicely told. "And a little child shall lead them." If it hadn't been for the little child leading his granny to the Lord, she may have never been able to join her husband. A very touching story, and bringing in every day things like dry leaves and squirrels, made it so down to earth. He was a real little evangelist....Helen
11/16/07
Congrats on the placing. It was well-deserved. I knew you would come up with a very unique and creative way to illustrate evangelism. Beautiful writing. It was immediately interesting and kept my interest the whole time! How's that for someone who is easily distracted?! :)I agree that Oliver and Laura really had character from the beginning. I could hear, see, and feel the whole story as if it had really taken place in my memory! Maybe someday, it will! With God, all things are possible!
Love,
Sarah