The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1251 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/07
I am VERY familiar with this story - and you gave it such life! A great fit for the topic. Enjoyed this very much.
Corrie and her sister Betsy have witnessed to me in a special way for many years now. For that if no other reason I would love your story. But to top it off you have done a beautiful job of retelling in your own words and from your own heart. I can tell you felt this one as you wrote.
10/21/07
Not being familiar with this story, I thought perhaps it was a rewrite; however, from one of the above Commenters, I find that these are your own words...thus, I find it extraordinarily beautifully written...and very touching. Thanks for sharing.
10/21/07
This is truly outstanding. Well done.
10/24/07
I love research and a story;s whose writer did their research. Smart, anointed, great pace and kept my interest. SUper job. God bless.
10/24/07
Corrie and Betsy's story has been such a blessing to so many over the years. Thanks for telling it again. You did a great job.
10/24/07
This was very good. Reminders about Christians living in gratitude despite their circumstances is a must for the times we live in. Thank you so much for sharing!
Laury
10/24/07
Good job with the shift in viewpoint to the sister. My son and I are reading "The Hiding Place" now in school. The re-telling of this story is very good!
10/24/07
Very good re-telling of a familiar story. A good fit with the topic and truly inspiring writing. Blessings to you~
I really enjoyed this as one day I look forward to meeting both of these dear saints who suffered through so much for their faith. Corrie is my hero and I strive to see all the Lord has for me in this life because of her story of how she learned to walk in faith.
I never read Corrie's story, but you captured an essence here that makes me want to go find it and read it. Excellent job, especially with the journal format. ^_^