The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1977 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/07
Such vivid descriptions! You took me along on this awful journey - but with hope. I love how you ministered to each other. Isn't God great?
08/05/07
I'm so glad I found this story. It is really touching -- and has such a great message. Your writing is very good -- you pulled me in at the beginning, and kept my interest throughout.
08/05/07
Love the "Clara Barton" moment at the end (she was my childhood heroine), with its reminder that joy can catch us even in sorrow. Lovely.
08/05/07
Pass the Kleenex — this was so beautiful, sad, triumphant — and well done!
From the title to the end, this was a wonderful story. I loved the caring friendship of the MC.
08/05/07
Very real honest writing, once again. SUperb effort. God bless.
08/06/07
Sadness and smiles woven into the same story. And you flowed from one emotion to the other seamlessly. Good job.
Very touching. It's a good reminder that sometimes people need someone to talk to, as well as to pray for them. Very nicely done.
08/06/07
This is one of my favorites so far! Really poignant and warm. I love Phoebe's idea that we should sit, visit, and enjoy our relationships at a memorial service since the loved one will be having a party in Heaven! This is a wonderful entry.
08/06/07
Everyone should read this as a reminder of how to truly be a friend to someone else. Thanks for writing this piece.
08/07/07
Isn't it interesting to note that in times of tragedy, relationships become everything to us.
This topic has brought this out very strongly in almost everyone's article I've read, and yours not the least. Very moving. Very good.
08/07/07
Great story... how true that in reaching out for help, Phoebe was also able to bless the narrator. We all need each other.
08/08/07
Sad, but a bit inspiring at the same time. Good job!
Catchy title. The little bit with Clara Barton was hilarious at the end. It made me smile even after you wove such a 'sad tale'. Phoebe was so real, so alive, I feel as if I knew her. You nailed this topic right on the head. Good job. ^_^
08/08/07
This is such a beautifully written story. I especially liked the fact that though you 'weren't especially close,' she was able to tell that you were a 'woman of faith.' It sounds like the two of you became very close during that last year. It's nice to know that at least the memories remain with us. Wonderful!
You wove an indcredibly touching and moving story. I especially liked the way the MC took the time to share life with her friend. Both gained so much from it. Great writing that included a valuable lesson.
08/09/07
Congratulations! Off to Masters you go.
08/09/07
Just lovely...A well deserved win again! Congrats! ~Gina
***Congrats!***
Congratulations, Kristen! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to read this before today. And wow, you moved up to Masters FAST! God has truly blessed you with a gift. Good luck "up there." :-)
Extremely well written. It read so very smoothly and the pace was perfect. Not crazy about the title, but I LOVED the story. Chuck
08/10/07
Hi Kristen, great story and I loved the ending. You are very talented. Thanks for all the recent comments you've left on my stories. Your encouragement is always appreciated
08/10/07
You just gave me a tug at my heart-strings, reminding me of all the deaths I attended as a nurse (now retired). It was impossible to remain detached. Your story is amazing in the way it gives each one of us a personal moment. Thank you and congratulations!
08/11/07
EXCELLENT! Well deserved win.
08/12/07
Congrats on your EC win! (I knew you'd be in Masters soon!)
02/19/08
This was a moving story from start to finish. How blessed your MC was to have that year. For those of us still around, it is a great reminder to remember to cherish this short life we have to live with our loved ones.