The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1763 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/27/07
After having 5 children in 8 years, I fully identify with this. Funny, embarrassin and well written.
07/27/07
Where are all the comments? The title alone should be reason enough to take a peek. What a hoot! What mother (or father) can't relate to this? Lots of great lines - like the one about daddy and the newspaper - ha! Great fun - laughed my way through your embarrassment. :-) Good job!
07/27/07
Every parent in America can relate to this story! Such fun, and the title is a clue to the hilarity in the story. I needed that laugh-wonderful writing!
Yes, I agree with the comment above. Such a perfect title for a perfectly written humorous "embarrassing" story. Loved the little italicized thoughts. All of us who have had young children can so easily relate to days and incidents like these. Great writing, great descriptive detail, all 'round great job!
So cute, and so true. Moms, of which I am one, can totally relate to this. Thanks for the well written and enjoyable read.
Your writing flows, great job telling this embarrassing account. Knowing it's true makes it even better.
Great story telling - Boy oh boy those were the days!!
07/30/07
Besides being a beyond great story expertly presented. You write masterfully. I'm impressed! I think I've found another favorite WRITER to follow. Outstanding job with dialogue and scene setting. Great, believable authentic voice. I believe you will be in level four before you know it, and level five if ever one is created. OUTSTANDING job. God bless.
A winner in my book--a favorite. It would be hard to beat for humor and great writing.
Love your humor and believable tales of parenthood. Excellent writing!
07/30/07
Oh dear! LOVE your title, and your descriptions. Excellent storytelling.
07/30/07
Too fun!! Unfortunately, I can relate--for many years a potty chair resided in my van, too. VERY well written and very engaging. :-)
This is really funny... I love the way you open. It starts the story off at a clip.

I hope you do well.

Completely believable and greatly told. I enjoyed everything especially how gossip can come back to embarrass you if it were ever made public. Great job!
07/31/07
Well written, believable, and humorous as well. Great Job!
08/01/07
Very, very funny--I love the line about the newspaper and her daddy. One of my faves.
08/01/07
What's to change here? Not a thing that I can see. Just echo the other comments. This was a delight, a great lesson, funny, and masterful story telling. An absolute favorite.
08/01/07
What a fun read. Good job. I too, like the part of Dad and the news paper. :)

Thank you.
08/01/07
What a cute, funny, real-life story! :) Your excellent writing let me see the embarrassing events so with perfect clarity! Loved your title! :D
08/01/07
Unlike many of the above reviewers I can't relate just yet to this story--but I know I will! It made me laugh...I could feel myself being embarrassed too.

08/01/07
This is so funny -- and you're masterful at telling the story. You kept me involved from the very beginning. Great writing. Very good job with the topic.
08/02/07
Funny! I enjoyed your story.
08/02/07
Kristen--I love your title and how you wrapped it together with your end sentence. It was a totally enjoyable read. Isn't life funny, the things you say about others often come back to haunt you. This was really good. I wonder if there's a magazine somewhere that would print this? Very well done!